Thank you to la Escuela Judicial of Barcelona, our passionate speakers and all the participants, onsite and online, for their contribution to a successful 20th edition of EUFJE's annual conference! The conference that took place at the Escuela Judicial del Consejo General del Poder Judicial, in Barcelona, Spain, on 26 and 27 October 2023.
The theme of the conference was Water Law:
- We first hosted presentations on legal frameworks and recent developments in European and international water law and policy by Representatives from the EU Commission, UN Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) and the European Environment Agency.
- We then turned to EU national jurisdictions, with the presentation by Utrecht Centre for Water, Oceans and Sustainability Law (UCWOSL) of the outcomes of a questionnaire that we sent to our members in order to understand what recent developments were occurring in water law in Europe.
- Finally, we exchanged on case law with judges from the European Court of Justice, Spain, Belgium, France, Finland, as well as, in the framework of the strengthening relationship between EUFJE and Latin America, Brazil and Peru.
You will find the detailed program here.
A report of the outcomes of the questionnaire will be prepared by UCWOSL and published on this page shortly.
The European Union Forum of Judges for the Environment (EUFJE) was created in 2004.
The objective of the Forum is to contribute to better implementation and enforcement of national, European and international environmental law:
- by contributing to a better knowledge of environmental law among judges,
- by sharing case law, and
- by sharing experience in the area of training of the judiciary in environmental law.
Phone: +33 (0)6 83 42 48 95